Monday, March 24, 2014

Baby #2: 36 Weeks & Appt

~ 36 Week Baby Bump ~    
 
 
How far along? 36 weeks!!
Total weight gain: 22 pounds by my scale (25.4 according to my OB office)
Maternity clothes? Scrubs on my half days of work and still trying to get by with a combo of my pre-pregnancy pants. Almost exclusively wearing maternity tops.
Stretch marks? A whole crop of them on both sides of my lower abdomen, and some along my back. I figured they would be inevitable, and I was right.
Sleep: Definitely falling asleep easier from exhaustion, but difficulty staying asleep some nights. Trying to only take a 1/2 Unisom a couple nights a week. Having to get up to go to the bathroom usually about 2 times a night, which I won't complain about.
Best moment this week: Grandpa and Grandma Deaver came for a quick over night trip this weekend, and of course our 36 week appointment to check progress.
Miss anything? Vino.
Baby is the size of a: Honeydew melon

Movement: Still quite a bit, but more waves and jabs than kicks like before. My right ribcage is also chronically sore at this point from all of the action and jabs. I also enjoy baby hiccups usually at least a few times a day, which never get old!
Food cravings: Ice water (drinking over 100 oz a day!) but otherwise nothing really in particular. Haven't been as into sweets lately but that is probably because I'm too tired to hunt them down or make anything. Or maybe because it gives me such bad heartburn that it has turned me off. That's probably most of it. Definitely not able to eat as much these days and not having much of an appetite.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Mexican food
Gender: I'm still thinking girl, but sometimes I call it a he in my mind.
Name: Girl and boy are now set! Have been for about a month now.
Labor Signs: Lots of Braxton-hicks and maybe a couple sporadic true contractions. I don't remember contracting constantly like this last time.
Symptoms: Heartburn (1 Zantac and 2-3 tums a day aren't cutting it most days. And most days it's from something like water), LOTS of swelling of my lower legs/ankles/hands, and new this past week is lots of discomfort down low. One of the girls at work described it as feeling like I rode a bike for 30 miles and then got racked really hard. She was dead on! That has been constant. I have also had a constant dull headache this past week...which I am thinking is either due to my 1 wisdom tooth coming in or something with a tooth in the back of my mouth. Couldn't really be worse timing for something like that to be popping up. Also having quite a bit of mid-back pain (got a prenatal massage this weekend which basically did nothing). And also can't forget to mention fatigue. It's partly from being so swollen in the legs, but I am just overall very, very tired this time around. Like when I go downstairs to change the laundry I have to sit down on the couch for awhile to get the energy to go do the laundry. Dan agrees that this has been night and day difference from last time. Most days I'm not real sure how I'm going to make it 4 more weeks!

Things People Say: A patient today who is an OB nurse thinks I have 2 weeks left...said I still need to drop.
Belly Button in or out? Has not popped out yet, but it is neither in nor out.
Wedding rings on or off? Just wearing the one band and it's pretty snug.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy...but pretty dang uncomfortable.
Looking forward to: Getting our hospital bags packed and continuing to get things done around the house. Daddy worked on getting cupboards baby-proofed in case Big Sister decides to become mobile. We also got the storage room more organized and things are closer to being set up and decorated in the nursery than they were last time. I think it will turn out pretty cute! I ordered the letters for Babe's name off of etsy, and the lady was graciously willing to make both names and then when Babe is born we will tell her which ones to ship so we can have them sooner.

Sometimes I wish we had a crystal ball and knew when Babe was going to arrive, but then I also love the thrill of having absolutely no idea what and how it will happen. I am trying to enjoy every minute of the suspense despite being very uncomfortable. It's fun to talk about and imagine both ways. As much as it is killing me right now not knowing if Baby is a he or a she, I know I will look back and absolutely love that we saved the surprise! I keep imagining baby coming out and hearing from Daddy if it is a boy or girl. I'm thinking it might be a top 5 moment in life, and I can't even wait!

At our 36 week appointment, unfortunately I wasn't able to see my OB so I got to see his APRN instead. My Group B strep was negative so no antibiotics at delivery. I think my weight was only up 0.7 pounds since last week, with a total of 25.4 total (22 by my scale at home). Blood pressure was 120/74 with trace protein in my urine (which is normal). I was curious was those were going to be with all of the swelling and vague headaches I have been having. So thankfully all of that looked good still. My belly measured 37 weeks so growing right along. As far as babe, heart rate was 135-140 and it definitely sounded like he/she was sleeping.
 
I was dilated 2 cm and 50% effaced and she said she could feel the head very easily...which explains all of the discomfort I have been having down low. (Looking back, at 36 weeks with LA I was dilated 2 cm and 30% effaced, and heart rate was 136...so almost identical!).
 
Love and Prayers in Week 37, Baby Matthes!

No comments:

Post a Comment