Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fall Baking with the Aunts

About this time every year, I start to get the itch to start running my oven again. One of my favorite things about fall is making fall sugar cookies. Of course, with the aunts being in town, we found a time when they could both take a break from studying to do it all together. So they came over on a Saturday and we dug out the mixers and aprons and started whipping them up!
 
After we got the cookies going I also decided that I was going to make several lasagnas to put in the freezer for the winter. The four of us had a great day together, and LA seems to like baking. Ok, maybe it's just because her favorites were here to entertain her which is much more exciting than a day with Mommy. I'm already looking forward to all of the Christmas baking we will be doing in a few months!!
 
Roo cutting out the dough.

Kilah helping supervising.

Ok, kidding, she really helped the most
by caring for this munchkin!


The end product of our lasagnas.

Ornery little missy loving her walker (that she still
can't move in herself yet).

Our days' work. Doesn't look like it amounts to a whole lot!

And frosting them all. Always entertaining with the 3 of us.
Thankful for a much needed day with my sisters. And LA enjoyed every minute of it too. My heart is so happy now that these 2 are here in town. Counting my blessings twice these days.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment