Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Welcome, 3rd Trimester!

This post is much overdue, but taking pictures and getting them uploaded has been causing quite a hold up lately being so busy. This was typed and ready to be posted at 28 weeks but took me until now to get it published.

Here is the Whale Baby Bump at 28.5 weeks :)



How far along? 28 weeks, 12 to go!
Total weight gain: 18 pounds...eek
Baby is the size of an:  Eggplant
Maternity clothes?  You bet! Most of my work pants still "fit" without being buttoned, thank goodness for the belly band.
Stretch marks? Might have a new one popping up on my breast...
Sleep: Can't really complain here
Best moment this week: Joyce and Kilah came to Lincoln for the weekend and went shopping. September isn't even over yet and I'm over 1/2 done with my Christmas shopping! I also put Kilah to work making lots of bows and some decorations for Little Miss's nursery.
Miss anything? Only really miss a nice glass of wine now when we got out to dinner.
Movement: It's been a little less this week
Food cravings: Sweets! I'm becoming a regular at The Cookie Company where I have been the last 3 weeks in a row...I will pick up 3 or 4 oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and take them home to the freezer for the week.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: No, but if I really HAD to pick something I would say it would be steak. I can still eat it just fine but it just doesn't sound good.
Gender: Sweet baby GIRL!
Baby Name: It's pretty much decided, but I'm still not calling it a done deal yet
Labor Signs: None
Symptoms: Breathing has been much better this past week and I'm down to using my inhaler once every couple days for the most part. Still having lots of heartburn but have been taking a Zantac almost every day.
Comments Solicited from Others: In the middle of a conversation about her treatment, a patient interrupted me and said "So you're having a boy aren't you?" I asked her why she thought that and her reply was "Well you are just really wide in the middle." Whatever that means?
Belly Button in or out? Flat as a board
Wedding rings on or off? On, getting a bit more snug.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! I felt like I was on the verge of my 2nd emotional breakdown of this pregnancy last week because I was ready to be done being pregnant and be comfortable again...but thanks to Daddy, we avoided that and things have been just fine since.
Looking forward to: Our 1st baby shower coming up in a week and a half!


And here are some pictures of Kilah helping doing my project for me. I wanted poms made to hang in the nursery and found out quickly that I lacked the patience it took to make them without ripping them.



I had already made several bows for Little Miss, but thought that we needed many more so I thought she could just help me make a few more after we were tired of making the poms. I caught a lot of grief for this because apparently everyone else didn't see the need to have a 100 of them made already. I don't get it, a girl's gotta be prepared? :)



Love and Prayers in Week 29, Sweet Baby Girl!





No comments:

Post a Comment