Monday, March 24, 2014

Baby #2: 37 Weeks

~ 37 Week Belly Bump ~
 
 
 
How far along? 37 weeks. The countdown is on as of this morning!
Total weight gain: 21 pounds by my scale (-1 from last week)
Maternity clothes? Scrubs on my half days of work and still trying to get by with a combo of my pre-pregnancy pants. Almost exclusively wearing maternity tops.
Stretch marks? Embracing them.
Sleep: More uncomfortable this week and having to get up 2-4 times a night now.
Best moment this week: Enjoying a relaxing Friday night with the girlfriends at Toast for our monthly RAK club, another night out for Jeff and Liz's wedding reception Saturday, and a couple's shower for Adam and Shannon Walla on Sunday. It was a busy weekend, but I enjoyed seeing friends with what could very well be my last social experience for awhile :)
Miss anything? Walking without pain, sleeping on my belly, and not having heartburn.
Baby is the size of a: Winter melon.

Movement: Possibly a little less - I'm thinking there isn't a whole lot of extra room these days.
Food cravings: Ice water. And somewhat frosted sugar cookies from The Cookie Company.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Mexican food
Gender: We the aunts decided we needed to do the baking soda gender prediction test a week or two ago, so we tried it and it fizzed which means boy. And we had Kilah also do it as a control, and hers didn't fizz at all. So that got me thinking there was a chance it was a boy. But overall I would still say girl, although I would be less surprised if it really was a boy now :)
Name: Both are ready to go!
Labor Signs: Lots of Braxton-hicks. Also woke up at exactly 37 weeks with a little bit of bleeding and mucous around 7:00 am. Called my doctor and after discussing it for awhile he said he wasn't going to make us rush into Labor & Delivery since we had an appointment at 10:30 that morning anyway and no real strong contractions other than Braxton Hicks. Also felt a burning in my thighs, which was new. I panicked because we don't have any bags packed, and I still have lots on my to-do list to get done this week!
Symptoms: Heartburn, lots of swelling of my lower legs/ankles/hands, fatigue and pain down low. Tooth pain is better, thankfully.

Things People Say: People have definitely commented that I look like I've dropped this week. Which was funny because I had just started to feel like my belly looked a little smaller from my angle. People are still guessing girl.
Belly Button in or out? Flat, but looks like it is more on the verge of out through tight shirts.
Wedding rings on or off? Just wearing the one band and it's pretty snug.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy...and heavy.
Looking forward to: Getting the bags packed for real this week (especially since the little scare this morning), and things washed and ready to go. Also have a hair appointment and pedicure appointments scheduled with the aunts for Friday so here's hoping I can get those fit in this week before babe arrives. It's all about the important things, ya know :)


At our 37 week appointment, I was 2 centimeters dilated and 60% effaced (he checked me this week as opposed to the APRN who checked me last week so who knows if it's even different than last week) and he said the head is at -2 position and fully engaged down low with a soft anterior cervix. My Bishop score was 7, which means the higher the score the more favorable the cervix which helps to judge the odds of spontaneous delivery.

Blood pressure was 114/76. Babe's heart rate was 131 and the PA student measured me at 37 weeks (again). Not sure if my urine showed anything, but assume not since they didn't mention it. He said he would see me in a week if I was still pregnant, so of course I had to ask what the chances were that we would go before that...and he said "greater than 50." So I'm thinking it is time to get the bags packed and maybe make a few tea diapers just in case! I am almost in denial that we could be meeting our newest little love any day now.

Many, many prayers as we go into this week and get that much closer to D-Day. We sure are excited to meet you, Baby Matthes. I cannot wait to meet you and see your tiny little face and kiss your little feet that have been keeping my ribs nice and tender these past few months. Will you be a sister or a little mister? Cannot wait to find out!

Love and Prayers in Week 38!!

No comments:

Post a Comment