Sunday, June 30, 2013

**Mommy & Daddy's Florida Vacation

**This post will be updated with more pictures shortly!

Our good friends, Tiff and TJ, celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary in May and had planned their anniversary trip over a year ago. They invited us and 4 other couples to go with them and chose Fort Myers, Florida as their destination. We were originally in, but then upon finding out we were expecting, we needed to wait a bit longer to officially book our tickets so we could make sure we were able to leave you for that long.

After I started my new job, I requested the time off and got it approved...so we booked our flights for the whole week. We left you for the first time overnight seven nights in a row. (I'm impressed that my mama heart could handle that!) But I have to give all of the credit to you being able to spend the entire week with Aunt Roo. Had you not been with her, I would have been a wreck...I'm sure of it. Luckily we were able to FaceTime with you several times and Roo was pretty good about sending us lots of pictures of you.

We had so much fun! Daddy got to go golfing with the guys at 3 different really nice courses while the girls hung out at the pool, I went shopping one day, mini putt golfing, rented a limo and went to dinner, spent time at the beach, ate dinner on the beach and watching dolphins, and on the last day we rented a pontoon and took it out on the ocean. The highlight of that trip was lots and lots of dolphins.

Day 1 - Full day spent relaxing at our pool

Hunny and I waiting for the limo to arrive.

Ascha, Amity and I during cocktail hour.

Photo stop on the limo at the beach.

This might be one of my all-time favorites of Dan and I. Such a
beautiful set up.

Anika and I...Never mind that she's black and I'm white :)

The girls on the limo!

And of course, our hubbys.



Love these 4 so very much. Thank you for a wonderful week.
Couldn't ask for better friends!

They clean up nicely!



Aunt Kilah and Roo came to Lincoln to pick you up the day that we flew out and they took you back to Cambridge to stay with Grandpa and Grandpa for the weekend.

Roo posted this picture on facebook the day that we left with
the caption: "This little peanut gets to stay with me all week.
So much fun! Love her!" Made my mama heart
happy to read that under this picture.
I'm pretty sure you had so much fun that you didn't miss us one bit. I'm not sure who had more fun, you or your Roo. Here are the pictures that Roo texted me while we were away:


**Photos will be updated shortly!


Aunt Roo - I owe you my life. I absolutely cannot thank you enough for loving on our girl for the week. Someday I hope that I can return the favor to you and love on your littles as you have mine. The best way to show a mama that you love her is to love her child, and you have more than done that for me. My heart was full knowing that she was with you. I knew that what LA had with you was special, but I want you to know how much it meant to me to find out that the exact list of songs that I sing to peanut, you sang to her while I was gone. No one else in this world would have happened to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment