Wednesday, February 27, 2013

New Year's Eve Prize

(Many of you have told me that I needed to put this incident in the books, so here you have it).

New Year's Eve night was one of the worst nights we have had with Landry yet. She was not feeling the best (bless her heart), and refused to sleep. She preferred to scream instead. To make matters worse, Daddy was sick again and his head was throbbing with a sinus infection. I was struggling with the whole breastfeeding/pumping thing. And we were both very sleep deprived. At one point, I told him to just go stay at his parents' house because at that point in my delirious mind I thought he too was being a baby, and afterall, I didn't need two babies to deal with at that moment. Daddy and I had both lost our patience at the same time - which, by the way, is something we both do well at - when we can sense the other is starting to lose their patience that is when the other takes over. So reaching our breaking point at the same time added to the problem.

It was during a middle of the night pumping session that I conducted a New Year's Eve drawing to give away a free baby, and the winner of that prize was, but of course, Aunt Roo. It was a given that she would be eager to accept the prize, and is next to Mother Teresa herself in terms of patience that she has with babies. So it only made sense that she would be the winner. She was notified via facebook wall, and this is what it read:




I will have you know that there was several more parts to this notification that I crafted, but I thought that anyone who doesn't understand my sarcasm via facebook might actually worry that I was totally serious. So I left those out.

Aunt Roo is Landry's biggest fan because for the next 3 days she was continuously calling and checking on us and offered to come all the way to get her to give us a break. Begging me, actually.

Naturally, the next night she slept amazing and hardly cried at all. I felt a little bad about the drawing and luckily she has done much better since. I think we will go ahead and keep her...for now, anyways! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment