Wednesday, January 16, 2013

One.Month.Old.

Miss Landry, how is it ever possible that you are already one month old?! We are slowly starting to forget what life was like without you (although not completely, yet). You have such a personality already, and have since the moment we first met you. In fact, the delivery room nurses pointed that out right away when you were born - that you were stubborn! I find myself thinking that you are even older than you are because it seems impossible that something so little and innocent can be as hard-headed as you. But, we love it because it makes you you. I also find myself thinking you are going to break out a smile one of these days when I am kissing you all over or talking to you, but I know that you are still too young for any purposeful social smiles.

You weigh 7 pounds, 5 ounces!

Every single day seems to finally be starting to get just a little bit better. But we still do not have any sort of routine - I start to get anxious every night around 6 about whether or not you are going to sleep that night and how long it is going to take me to convince you to go back to sleep. Some nights you sleep for 2 or 3 hours and wake to eat, and then take anywhere from 1 to 3 hours to go back to sleep, and other nights you have slept for 5 straight and then are back to sleep in 30 minutes after a bottle and do that a couple times in a row. It's a crapshoot, and I'm looking forward to when I finally figure you out (hopefully in time for when I go back to work).

You are sleepiest from around 6:00 pm to 12:00 am. You are most likely to be awake anywhere from 3:00 to 8:00 am. You may or may not sleep better after a bath (jury is still out on that one?).

For the first 4 solid weeks I was religious about pumping every 2-3 hours around the clock. But I was going crazy, and when I didn't have someone here to help me whether at night or during the day, it was next to impossible to accomplish by myself. You are fairly demanding in that you are not willing to entertain yourself for 15 minutes while I tend to other necessities. So, I finally started spreading it out and have been going most of the nights without pumping (while you sleep at least) and trying to do a little better during the day. So far this is working out ok, and I even have a pretty good stockpile of milk in the freezer already. I have to admit, every.single.time. I have to pump I dread it and it is all I can do to not go crazy the entire 15 minutes. I am honestly surprised I have even made it this long, and am just trying to continue to remind myself that I am doing what is best for you and that it will be worth it.

You are still not completely over RSV. I still hear and feel some raspiness in your lungs, and you still have some congestion in your nose every now and then. Thankfully, we only had to make 3 trips to the doctor for it and we are now only supposed to go in as needed.

Whether it is being sick, reflux, or just the way you are, you are a very spitty baby. You were vomiting (projectile a couple times) multiple times a day for awhile, and now it is more sparingly. Needless to say, we go through lots and lots of outfits these days, and I can hardly keep enough burp rags clean. You are also taking Zantac twice a day which seems to be helping.

You are eating around 3 ounces every 3 hours or so (you also graze quite a bit and eat little amounts all day long) and when I say you chug every bottle like it is your first and last I am not joking. Your eyes get big, and you are relentless. As soon as you feel the first touch of anything, you suck away - we tell you to open 10 times before we get you to open far enough to shove the nipple in. I joke that "open" might be your first word because you hear it so much! You are still an easy burp. You are not pooping like clock-work after a bottle anymore like you used to. Sometimes it's not until we take your diaper off to change you before the next feeding now. Hopefully that means that your little digestive system is getting better at absorbing everything from the breastmilk.

You are starting to like your bath a little more. You love it when we take all of your clothes off before your bath - your arms and legs kick and "crawl" like you are completely free. Your eyes get big and you can't hardly look around at everything fast enough. For the most part you don't really even cry anymore! You still love to have your hair washed under the sink and turn your head as fast as you can to keep your head under the water. It is pretty adorable.

You are NOISY, girl! I have never once got up to check on you in the middle of the night to see if you were still breathing like typical new moms do because you are SO noisy. You grunt, hiss, whine, stir etc all day and night. It is only that you are in your (rare) deep deep sleep that you are completely silent. My personal favorite sound in your repertoire is a sheep-like grunt. You do it several times a day - usually when you would be "annoyed" of us. Like when we lay you down, when no one is paying attention to you or when you start to wake up. And I laugh every time. One of these days I am going to get a video of it because it is freaking hilarious.


Here is the beginning of our monthly pictures - 1 month.

Just a photo shoot with mom and dad.

 
 



This is how the princess sleeps in her deepest sleep.

Another princess pose.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment