Wednesday, January 16, 2013

**Landry's 1st Trip Home

**Post will be updated with pictures

We received clearance from both her doctor and my doctor Saturday morning and began packing up all of our belongings. Of course we had to change her into her going home outfit, which was much too big. She wasn't a big fan, but here are a few of the pictures that we took.



We left the hospital around 1:30 on Saturday, December 8th.



Grandpa Lennie was there that morning with us helping us pack and get her ready, and met us at home. He walked in shortly after we arrived with several large sacks of groceries and began putting a roast, carrots and potatoes into the oven for dinner. After a mild fiasco of the breast pump I had not working out, he insisted that Dan and I go shower and take a nap. We slept for a heavenly 2 or 3 hours and woke up when Grandpa came in to get us. He had the tree and stair garland lit, the table set with a candle in the middle, a plate of peeled oranges with cheese in the middle, and Landry in her bouncer seat fast asleep. Thinking back to that very moment when I walked out brings me to tears right away every time. It was perfect. We sat down to the table that he had prepared, and he took this picture.



We bowed our heads and my dad said one of the most beautiful prayers out loud that I have ever heard. He thanked God for us, and for our new little girl. A week later and I cry every time. It was perfect, and it meant so much. My heart was happy, and sad at the same time. My mom would have loved to be there for these very moments. I couldn't help but to be so very thankful that my Dad was able to be here for this.

We finished eating one of the most delicious meals I have ever had prepared for me, and Grandpa insisted that Dan and I go sit and cuddle with our new baby. He did the dishes and joined us on the couch. And there we sat for the rest of the night, just taking it all in.

Aunt Roo had been texting asking how we were doing, and wanted me to
send her a picture after I told her that Landry was cuddling with Grandpa.
Here is her facebook post from that evening that I will never forget:
"I have had tears in my eyes ever since my sister sent me this
picture of grandpa and little Landry Ann. Kait texted me earlier and said
grandpa had baby in her bouncer, a candle lit, and supper in the oven when
 her and Dan woke up from a much needed nap. Grandpa is doing
everything I know grandma Ann would be doing if she could.
I dont think he's hardly put her down. Pretty special grandpa this little girl has."
Sunday was the day that I had been dreading - when my Dad had to leave. I couldn't stop crying as he walked out the door, and pretty sure I cried his whole trip home. I'm fairly confident that Grandpa also had tears in his eyes his whole trip home, too. We needed such a special weekend together, and I could not be more thankful for everything that he did for us. My heart has been aching since for when he comes back. It cannot be soon enough. From the bottom of my heart, thank you, Grandpa for everything you did for us. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment