Thursday, August 23, 2012

Partyin' in the PM (23 Weeks)

23 weeks = 17 to go!
 
This was after a long day of work, and I am a hot sweaty mess
after wearing a mask all day. Please excuse myself and the
quality of these pictures. How embarrassing!
(Hoping to purchase a new camera in a couple months)




How far along? 23 weeks
Total weight gain: 8.5 pounds
Baby is the size of a: Large mailing envelope?
Maternity clothes? Tank tops, and I did break out the leggings. LOVE this cooler weather! :)
Stretch marks? Nothing new here
Sleep: Can't complain!
Best moment this week:  Starting to feel Babe move on my right side...finally! I've felt a couple really faint kicks on my right side (probably because my placenta is still hanging out on my right side) these past few weeks very rarely, and tonight for the most part it's been on the right side! Also, right at 23 weeks was the first time I felt movement in the top of my belly and not down by my hip bones...that was a cool feeling. I have a feeling that I might not think it's so cool when she won't get out of my ribs here in a few weeks. Babe has also decided that the pm is a great time to party...she has been particularly active in the evenings lately, and even more so throughout the night and early early mornings.
Miss anything? A big glass of red wine...
Movement: Quite a bit, she's getting stronger and stronger every week now. For the most part it is always on my left side still.
Food cravings: Ice water, Chicken fried steak, oatmeal chocolate cookies from The Cookie Company.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing!
Gender: Sweet baby GIRL!
Baby Name: Closer...still not for sure. I've started thinking of her by name, so we should probably make sure that it's for sure here pretty soon.
Labor Signs: None
Symptoms: Indigestion, feeling overheated all the time, and a couple episodes of round ligament pain. Surprisingly less fatigued this week which has been much appreciated.
Belly Button in or out? Getting more and more shallow...
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, of course
Looking forward to: This week I have been especially looking forward to Thanksgiving....the one holiday a year that we almost always make it back to Cambridge and we get to stay more than a couple days when we go. I love being around family and having 4 days away to just relax...not to mention all of the good food! Also, only 2 months and 11 days until I put the Christmas tree up...Dan has been prewarned that the tree is going up even earlier this year because of Little Miss' arrival being during the holiday season. Also looking forward to the weather cooling off so that I can start running my oven again...and that means pumpkin pies, pumpkin bars, fresh cinnamon rolls, soups, and hot mulled apple cider.


Baby Girl - We have finally decided on the chair for your nursery that we will spend lots of time partyin' in with you, and I can't wait to make those sweet memories with you in that special spot. But for now, you can continue with your cozy party, and I'll cherish these last few months of uninterrupted sleep. Love and prayers in week 24, Sweet Baby Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment